Shotgun Combo Gauge with Extension with Magnet and 2 Drop Meters
The Shotgun Combo Gauge is an accurate and convenient device that measures all of the outside dimensions of your shotgun, which you need to know if you want your gun to fit properly:
- Length of Pull
- Drop at Comb and Heel
- Angle of Pitch
The Shotgun Combo Gauge is a 24″ vernier caliper slotted at one end to hold a sliding Drop Meter. It can be used alone or with our 23″ EXTENSION which bolts on to the Combo Gauge to make the overall drop/pitch length 48″. The Extension also has a neodymium magnet installed which essentially “glues” the whole Combo Gauge to the gun’s rib for hands-free operation, further enhancing its convenience and usability. 99% of our customers purchase the Shotgun Combo Gauge with the Extension.
Measuring Length of Pull
Measuring Drop at Comb
Measuring Drop at Heel
Measuring Drop at Comb and Heel with 2 Drop Meters
One DROP METER is standard on the Shotgun Combo Gauge, but a second Drop Meter can be added as an option, which gives greater versatility in measuring drop (you can measure at any two points along the comb simultaneously), or drop and pitch, or drop and cast simultaneously.
Measuring Drop on and Adjustable Comb Gun
It is best to place your gun on a GUN REST for ease of measuring. If you don’t already have a rest, we offer two options: a durable plastic gun rest with storage compartments for cleaning supplies or space to hold our LaserShooter and LaserPro OR our GUN FITTER’S CASE that holds the Shotgun Combo Gauge (as well as our BoreMaster, LaserShooter and LaserPro products) and has gun cradles that serve as a gun rest.
Gun Rest for holding your gun while you measure it
Classy canvas and leather Gun Fitter’s Case with Yokes to hold your gun while you measure
Shotgun Combo Gauge Features and Benefits:
- Reads both Metric and Inches for use worldwide
- Has easy-to-read bold numbers
- Lightweight — Made of aircraft aluminum
- Portable — Easy to travel with
- Optional Extension with Magnet. The magnet “glues” Shotgun Combo Gauge to gun rib for hands-free operation
- Optional Dual Drop Meters
Specs for Basic Gauge:
- Length for drop measurement: 28″
- Length of pull: 24″
- Overall length: 29.5″
Specs with Optional 23″ Extension:
- Length for drop measurement: 48″
- Overall length: 49.5″
Who Uses the Shotgun Combo Gauge?
The Shotgun Combo Gauge is used by Gunsmiths, Firearms retailers, Manufacturers and Gun hobbyists from around the world. Some of our customers include:
Holland & Holland, Beretta, Boss, Chris Batha, Jerry Parks Young (CPSA Senior Coach MICSI), Dickson & MacNaughton, Browning/Winchester, Ruger, Griffin & Howe, British Sporting Arms, Safari Outfitters, Brownells, Cabelas, Orvis, Kittery Trading Post, Kevin’s Catalog, Bass Pro Fine Gun Room, Dakota Arms, Jeff’s Outfitters, L.L. Bean, and many more.
- Comments by Reid Coffield, Noted Author and Master Gunsmith: I use the Combo Gauge quite often in my shop. It’s ideal for stock work both when measuring existing stocks or when setting up or modifying new stocks. I also use my BoreMaster frequently. I know of no other single tool that will enable me to measure so many different barrel features ranging from wall thickness, to bore and chamber diameter, to choke constriction. It is amazingly versatile. These are great tools!”
- Mike, Director, Glenzier Sporting, Re: Shotgun Combo Gauge — This email is without question a long long time overdue – but well done on your shotgun combo gauge. This – as, no doubt, you are fully aware – is an excellent product and quite ideal for its intended purpose.
I have had mine now for many years – light, transportable and convenient, it is almost permanently with me; it lives in my truck and is transported every day directly to the shooting ground.
Gun fitting should be a dynamic process and so often gun information is required there and then to provide the necessary information to progress and experiment. Traditionally, of course, detailed measurement is conducted formally in the gun room or workshop. Your combo gauge lets me take that gunroom information into the field, where, arguably it is of most use to the active gun fitter – well done!
Having measured – literally – many hundreds (probably thousands) of gun stocks over the years it is time to refresh and replace; wear-and-tear does take its toll after all, and with field use there’s inevitably abuse however much a thing is valued!
Could you please advise the best way of obtaining a new gauge here in the UK? Do you ship direct?
Instructions: Complete instructions for measuring length of pull, drop, pitch and cast; attaching the Extension to the Combo Gauge, attaching the Extra Drop Meter to the Gauge.
Shotgun Measurements Form: Record all of your shotgun measurements on our Shotgun Measurements Form.